Quebec to pull the plug on flavoured products in effort to curb vaping by minors – CBC

Restrictions on vaping concentration and capacity to come

Apr 19, 2023

Vaping products that contain flavours or aromas other than tobacco could soon be banned in Quebec under new rules proposed by the government Wednesday.

The Quebec government hopes the change to the provincial regulations will make vaping products less attractive to minors.

“We’re not eliminating vaping, but we’re eliminating flavours,” Health Minister Christian Dubé told Radio-Canada in an interview. “There will only be the taste of nicotine and all other flavours will be prohibited.”

The minister responsible for sports, Isabelle Charest, said the changes are about keeping “extremely harmful” products out of the reach of minors.

“They start to vape because they find it fun or attractive to have a vape pen that tastes like strawberries,” she said, adding that sweet-flavoured products make up 90 per cent of what minors vape, with only the remaining 10 per cent choosing tobacco-flavoured products.

Read more:

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More