Kugluktuk becomes unrestricted community

December 14, 2018

Kugluktuk is now an unrestricted community. Only the general rules about importing, buying and consuming alcohol from the Liquor Act apply.
Residents can buy alcohol within Nunavut by ordering from the Nunavut Liquor Commission warehouse without an import permit. To order from the Rankin Inlet liquor warehouse:

  • Call 867-645-8475.
  • Fax 867-645-3327.
  • Email NLCliquororders@gov.nu.ca.

An import permit is needed to import alcohol from outside Nunavut. Visit the Kugluktuk hamlet office to get one.
For more information, please call 1-855-844-5488 or email NLCliquororders@gov.nu.ca.


Media Contact:

Janis Qaunirq
Communications Specialist
Department of Finance


NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More