Are you in an abusive relationship and need help?

April 13, 2016

Public Service Announcement

Are you in an abusive relationship and need help?

If you think you are experiencing abuse and are in a spousal, an intimate, a family or a care relationship, you may be eligible for a community intervention order or emergency protection order under the Family Abuse Intervention Act.

For more information about community intervention orders or emergency protection orders, or if you want to apply for one, please contact your local community justice outreach worker (CJOW). For contact information, please visit:

If your CJOW is unavailable and you need immediate help, please contact your local Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) detachment to help you apply for an emergency protection order.


Media Contact:

Alejandra Espinosa
Policy and Communications Analyst
Department of Justice


NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More